Monday, May 14, 2007

Malaysian Salsa Festival 2007 - Sponsor's Presentation

Malaysian Salsa Festival 2007 is approaching fast ... I can't wait to ride off into the sunset of The Swiss Garden Damai Laut Golf Resort & Spa and get away from the buzz of citylife. Just in case you were caught offtrack, here's a little countdown timer to check how far are we from MSF 2007.



Waking up to the tropical beat of salsa seems like a very good idea. Can you imagine being there already (imagine yourself in the photo below)... soaking in the cool blue pool, sipping your cocktail with a little umbrella perched on the top ...

The organizing committees of Malaysian Salsa Festival 2007, Linline Production recently organized a sponsor's presentation, a little "preview" to the sponsor's. The event was held at The Studio @ The Lodge Hotel, Kuala Lumpur on the 9th May 2007. I was fortunate to be invited as a guest to the party hence I took the opportunity to take some shots and do a writeup on it.

I arrived at The Studio a little early ... around 7:30pm, since Lin told me the event will begin around that time. As I entered the restaurant, there were barely a few person sitting around waiting for the event to begin. As welcoming as he always is, Roslim was the first to come over and greet me. Then I met Lin and a few other working committees of MSF such as Murni (happy to finally meet her after liaising with her for quite a while), Ina ... and few others.

I finally saw James Q and went over to greet him. As usual, he lugged his Nikon DSLR on his shoulder ... ever ready to shoot any opportunity shots. I couldn't be any happier to confidently whip out my digital camera to being shooting .. (now that I have company !). After a few clicks, James introduced me to Datuk Arif and Datin Kim. Some brief conversation with him later and I found out that he has been very actively involved in the salsa scene for a very long time.

I continued shooting away until they finally announced that dinner is served (finally!). Both James and I waited not a minute longer, starvingly dropped our cams and dived in ! Being an amateur food critic myself ... I would like to comment that the food in The Lodge is definitely awesome ! (Mental note) Someday, I should make an appointment to run a review with these folks at The Lodge ....

Right after dinner, Tsu Mae (MC for MSF 2006) ran through some presentations on details of MSF 2007 ... the current status and what is being expected at MSF 2007. I am thoroughly impressed to know that :

  • There were already confirm participants from not only neighboring countries like Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia and India but also USA, United Kingdom and Japan.
  • There were already 243 confirmed participants after only the first month of announcing this event. She went on to provide some statistical numbers on salsa population and their preference in Malaysia.

Very interesting facts ! I would love to get my hands on those information and publish them here ... for the benefit of all !

The night went on with another spectacular performance by Fasilito and Jenny, and despite the sound system went a little 'remixed' ... they put on a good show with spins and flips to awe the audiences ! A big 'applause' to Fasilito and Jenny...


And the night ended with the dance floor being open to public and Datuk and Datin being the first to be 'ushered' to start the dance ball rolling. I would like to comment .. that they are the most 'happening' Datuk and Datin I've ever known .. !!!

Anyway, since it was a Wednesday .... midweek crisis started hitting me. My physical batteries were getting drained by the minutes. But not before having at least 1 dance ... with Ina. Well, having 1 dance on the dance floor in midweek is hard to come by ... therefore ... I am satisfied....

Anyway, watch out for the next article on Malaysian Salsa Festival - a detailed writeup on the Instructors ....


No comments: